o

Welcome to Our Website!

The Fort Worth Bulldog Club is a member of the Bulldog Club of America and is active in BCA Division IV.

Next Meeting
Saturday, February 17, 2018
12:00 pm
Don Pablos
Corner of Rufe Snow & 820

2018 Texas Two Step Show
March 16-18

Website for 2018 Texas Two Step

Premium click here

Show site: Radisson Hotel Fort Worth South
4 shows in 3 days
3/16/18 Evening (Fort Worth Bulldog Club) Judges: Sweepstakes and Jr’s, Erika Moureau; Conformation, Brenda Newcomb.
3/17/18 Morning (Fort Worth Bulldog Club) Judge: Conformation and Jr’s, Cathy Eke
3/17/18 Afternoon (Lone Star Bulldog Club) Judge: Conformation, Linda Fiordiliso
3/18/18 Morning (Lone Star Bulldog Club) Judge: Conformation and Jr’s, Sharon Dykes

History

 The Fort Worth Bulldog Club was founded in 1955 at Fort Worth, Texas. The club's historical records are not available, but the American Kennel Club has confirmed that the Fort Worth club's Constitution and Bylaws were approved and adopted on October 14, 1955. Records do reveal that the club's first Specialty show was held on Saturday, November 3, 1956, at the South Side Recreation Center in Fort Worth, Texas. The show was judged by Mrs. C. L. "Flo" Savage from Los Angeles, California. There was an entry of 53 dogs. The entry fee at that time was $5.00 for a champion and in the Bred By Exhibitor classes; $4.00 for Open and American Bred classes; $3.00 for Novice & Puppy classes and $2.00 for each additional entry. The number of male entries required for a 5-point major show then was 18, but only 16 bitches were required for the award of 5 championship points. The show catalog contains ads that include pictures of some of club members' dogs such as: Mr. and Mrs. W.L. Fuller and Fuller's Lonesome George, J.L (Red) Harvey and Ch. Harvey's Defender, B.J Walton and E.L Davis with Ch. Dickensbrae Sambo. A club newsletter, dated April 3, 1957, reports that the club hosted BINGO games to raise money, had a Red Team and a Gold Team to help improve the club's membership, and that it planned a film on the C-section for the club.
Officers during the club's first Specialty Show were:
President: A.L Sutherland
Vice Pres: W.H. Irvin
Treasurer: Lynn McCormack
Secretary: Grace Sawyer
Corresponding Secretary: Frances McCelland
Director: Adele Irvin
Director: W L Fuller"

 We know the principles the club was founded on are still intact today.

 To maintain a standard of excellence for the guidance of breeders, owners and judges.

  • To improve the breed through encouragement of effort directed toward approach to, or attainment of, the degree of excellence set forth in the standard of the bulldog breed.
  • To stimulate interest in competitive public showings of bulldogs.
  • To further the interests of the Breed.
  • To work for the general good of breeders, owners and exhibitors of bulldogs.